makin’ strawberry jam.
After picking strawberries in Albany, Louisiana, I went to go make fresh jam with my mama. It came out a bit runny (next time I’ll add more pectin), but I think it would be really good to bake with. I’m thinking cheesecake!
I was super excited to be able to pick strawberries, make jam, and can all in one day….. and of course compost the scraps!
Big Thanks, Mama and Dad!
It’s strawberry season in louisiana so my Dad took me strawberry picking so I could can my own jam.
To see more of this adventure, visit: sweetnothingsofmine
Alice in Wonderland Themed Cupcakes for my Aunt’s Ladies Night Party.
Bite Me: Chocolate cupcake with hidden Oreo surprise.
Eat Me: Chocolate cupcake with almond buttercream.
Drink Me: Pina Colada cupcake with rum cream-pudding filling.
1. Chai Pumpkin Cupcakes (with homemade marzipan pumpkins).
2. Bourbon Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.
3. Pumpkin Cake Balls dipped in Chocolate.
This was my first time making cake balls. The dipping was a little tricky but everyone seemed to like them!
So sorry for the year hiatus….
Here are some cupcakes I made for a party my Aunt was hosting. It was probably the most mini cupcakes I’ve made at one time. Thanks to Erika and Seth for help making it happen!
1. Chocolate Chai cupcakes with Hazelnut Frosting.
2. Strawberry-Vanilla cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream. (I need to tweak this one a bit more).
3. Traditional Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Happy Shark Week!
So in honor of shark week I decided to make intense shark cupcakes. Here are pictures of the baking process.